The following is a press release from Synapse. For more release announcements from Synapse and other distributors, click here.
SYNAPSE FILMS PRESENTS
THE HAMMER RAISES AGAIN!
JACK THE RIPPER LIVES!
HANDS OF THE RIPPER
Wrap your claws around this creepy
Another landmark title in Synapse Films’ Hammer Films Collection!Peter Sasdy’s HANDS OF THE RIPPER!
An infant girl watches in horror as her father, the infamous “Jack the Ripper,” brutally murders her mother. Years later, the damaged young Anna (Angharad Rees) is now under the care of a fake psychic and has been forced into a career of prostitution. At the end of a séance one evening, a woman is mysteriously killed. Dr. John Pritchard (Eric Porter) suspects Anna is the murderer but cannot understand how she could perform this unspeakable act. Using new Freudian psychoanalysis techniques, Pritchard experiments on Anna and discovers a shocking secret: the spirit of the “Ripper” is alive and well, and might well be possessing his own daughter! Can this evil be stopped before it’s too late?
Completely restored in high-definition and released uncut for the first time on Blu-ray in the U.S., HANDS OF THE RIPPER is a film widely recognized as one of the most gruesome Hammer horror films ever made.
• THE DEVIL’S BLOODY PLAYTHING: POSSESSED BY HANDS OF THE RIPPER – Featurette
• SLAUGHTER OF INNOCENCE: THE EVOLUTION OF HAMMER GORE – Motion Still Gallery
• U.S. Television Introduction
• Original Theatrical Trailer and TV Spots
• HANDS OF THE RIPPER Motion Still Gallery
• Isolated Music & Effects Audio Track
Directed by: Peter Sasdy
Starring: Eric Porter, Angharad Rees, Jane Merrow, Keith Bell
Run Time: 85 minutes
Release Date: July 9, 2013
Aspect Ratio: Widescreen 1.66:1
Format: Blu-ray / DVD Combo
Region: 1 / A
Latest posts by dailygri (see all)
- Cult Movie Mania Releases Lucio Fulci Limited Edition VHS Sets - January 5, 2016
- Daily Grindhouse looks at the greatest winter movies ever made. - December 25, 2015
- NO-BUDGET NIGHTMARES PODCAST #71: BAD TASTE (1987) - December 25, 2015