The following press release is a title announcement from Arrow Films. For more announcements from Arrow and other distributors, click here.
WORLDWIDE BLU-RAY PREMIERE
MONDAY 19TH AUGUST
FULLY UNCUT AND ON BLU-RAY
FOR THE VERY FIRST TIME!
Arrow Video are pleased to announce the worldwide Blu-ray premiere of Alan Ormsby and Jeff Gillen’s disturbing cult-horror classic DERANGED on Monday 19th August. Restored and fully uncut for the first time ever, anywhere in the world, horror fans will finally be able to bear witness to the movie’s infamous ‘brain-scooping scene’ in all its glory! Originally released on DVD in 2002, as part of MGM’s “Midnite Movies” collection, this release marks the first time DERANGED will be available on Blu-ray.
In keeping with the high standards Arrow’s fanbase has come to expect, the deluxe dual edition of DERANGED will come loaded with special features and bonus material, including exclusive featurettes, interviews, behind-the-scenes images, trailers, collector’s booklet and reversible sleeve artwork.
Real-life Wisconsin serial killer Ed Gein inspired many distinguished films, including Psycho, The Silence of the Lambs and The Texas Chain Saw Massacre, but none is quite as disturbing as DERANGED.
Roberts Blossom gives an alarmingly convincing performance as rural eccentric Ezra Cobb, whose mother’s death unhinges him to the point where he not only lovingly preserves her corpse in the living room, but also goes out to find ‘friends’ to keep her company – not all of whom are dead when he finds them… Perversely, Ezra’s more worried about what mother would say about his various activities than he is about the prospect of being found out. Indeed, like Gein, he’s cheerfully open about his activities when visiting friends, but no-one believes him.
Like Carnival of Souls and The Honeymoon Killers, this is one of American horror cinema’s great one-offs, an eerie, genuinely unsettling but also darkly comic experience.
A full breakdown of the DERANGED special features is as follows:
– High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentation available uncut for the first time.
– Optional English SDH subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing.
– Audio commentary with special effects artist Tom Savini.
– Introduction to the film by Savini.
– Featurette – “A Blossoming Brilliance” – Scott Spiegel (Intruder, Evil Dead II) speaks about Deranged star Roberts Blossom and the lasting legacy of this gore-soaked gem.
– Featurette – “Ed Gein: From Murderer to Movies” – Laurence R. Harvey (The Human Centipede II) discusses the lurid legacy of the Wisconsin serial killer and the secrets of portraying a cinematic psychopath.
– Featurette – “The Wages of Sin” – Making of featurette comprising newly transferred 16mm production footage and an archive interview with director Jeff Gillen.
– Original Trailer
– Stills gallery
– Reversible sleeve feat. original & newly commissioned artwork by Nathanael Marsh.
– Collector’s booklet feat. new writing on the film by Stephen Thrower (author of Nightmare USA), an article from Rue Morgue on the legacy of Ed Gein, plus an archive interview with producer Bob Clark, illustrated with original archive stills and posters.
DERANGED – BLU-RAY & DVD – PRODUCT INFO
Monday 19th August 2013
Alan Ormsby and Jeff Gillen
2.0 PCM Stereo
Latest posts by dailygri (see all)
- Cult Movie Mania Releases Lucio Fulci Limited Edition VHS Sets - January 5, 2016
- Daily Grindhouse looks at the greatest winter movies ever made. - December 25, 2015
- NO-BUDGET NIGHTMARES PODCAST #71: BAD TASTE (1987) - December 25, 2015