After breaking the BLADE RUNNER sequel story, Speakeasy is dropping more Ridley Scott news but this time about the ALIEN non-prequel prequel PROMETHEUS. There’s good news and bad news.
First the bad news(and something we’ve kind of anticipated for a while):
– Ripley doesn’t appear at the end of PROMETHEUS.
Now, the good news:
– The last eight minutes of the “Prometheus” story evolve into “a pretty good DNA of the ‘Alien’ one.
– Regarding the use of 3-D and CGI, Scott says he has “completely taken off into this cyberworld” and called working on”Prometheus” “the best time I’ve had in a number of years making a movie.”
– Russel Crowe appears as Max Skinner from THE GOOD YEAR. Okay, I made this up. It’s just a reminder that Scott has been spotty as hell the past few years as a Director. I hope returning to some of his roots gives him the ability to knock the ball out of the park. Bases are loaded pal.
See you on forty deuce,
Latest posts by dailygri (see all)
- Cult Movie Mania Releases Lucio Fulci Limited Edition VHS Sets - January 5, 2016
- Daily Grindhouse looks at the greatest winter movies ever made. - December 25, 2015
- NO-BUDGET NIGHTMARES PODCAST #71: BAD TASTE (1987) - December 25, 2015