GEORGE A. ROMERO’S LOST ACTION CLASSIC
AVAILABLE ON BLU-RAY FOR THE
FIRST TIME ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD
UK DVD REVIEW AND WORLD WIDE BLU-RAY DEBUT!
MONDAY 22ND APRIL 2013
Arrow Video are pleased to announce that George A. Romero’s landmark non-horror offering “Knightriders” will make its UK DVD & Worldwide Blu-ray debuts when released on Monday 22nd April 2013.
Specially restored by Arrow’s acclaimed team of experts, the deluxe editions of“Knightriders” include both DVD and Blu-ray copies of the film along with a host of special features and collector’s items.
Made immediately after the zombie classic “Dawn of the Dead”, George A. Romero’s“Knightriders” is both quite clearly the work of the same director (there are lots of familiar faces from his other films) as well as a marked change of tone. There’s still plenty of mind-melting action, but rather than flesh eating maniacs, its medieval jousters riding modern-day motorcycles who get to have all the fun!
Starring up-and-coming actor Ed Harris in his first ever leading role (Harris who would go on to become a major Hollywood star, nominated for Academy Awards and Golden Globes for his roles in Apollo 13 and The Truman Show), “Knightriders” depicts a troupe of travelling medieval entertainers, led by Harris, trying to live their lives according to the ideals of King Arthur – No easy feat in Reagan’s America, where the outside world and its financial realities constantly encroach on their dreams.
Instead of flesh and bone, the trusty steeds on which these Knights’ ride are made of steel and engine! They have traded the horses of King Arthur’s men for motorcycles.
With the self-adopted title of “King William”, the group’s leader Billy (played by Harris) becomes gradually more unstable, as he blurs the lines between the medieval knight his act portrays, and the realities of everyday life in the 20th century.
With a memorably eccentric cast of characters (including make-up effects genius Tom Savini in a major role, and a cameo from novelist Stephen King) and a complex, nuanced script, “Knightriders” is Romero’s warmest and most personal film to date.
George A Romero’s directing career began in the 1960s when he began shooting short films and commercials. In one of his early commercial films for American children’s television series “Mister Rogers Neighbourhood”, Mister Rogers has his tonsils removed, it is said that the gruesome nature of this scene inspired Romero to go on and make Horror movies.
Since then, Romero has been at the helm of some of the biggest and most important Horror films in history, including Night Of The Living Dead, The Crazies, Season Of The Witch, andDawn Of The Dead, which in-turn inspired thousands of could-be directors and turned millions of fans onto the genre.
It is a testament to his longevity and continued importance that many of Romero’s classic films have been remade and restored, the latest being Arrow’s highly anticipated Blu-ray edition of “Knightriders”.
A real must-have collector’s item, the deluxe edition of “Knightriders” includes the following bonus material and special features:
– High Definition Blu-ray (1080p) and Standard Definition DVD presentations.
– Uncompressed original Mono 2.0 PCM audio.
– Optional English SDH subtitles for the deaf and hard of hearing.
– Audio commentary with George Romero, Tom Savini, John Amplas and Christine Romero.
– ‘The Genesis of a Legend’ – Star Ed Harris remembers his first leading role.
– ‘A Date with Destiny’ – Co-star Tom Savini reflects on the film.
– ‘Medieval Maiden’ – Interview with actress Patricia Tallman.
– Theatrical Trailer.
– TV Spots.
– Reversible sleeve featuring original and newly commissioned artwork by Nat Marsh.
– Collector’s booklet featuring brand new writing on the film by author and critic Brad Stevens, an archival interview with Romero, and a new interview with composer Donald Rubinstein, illustrated with original archive stills and posters.
‘KNIGHTRIDERS’ – BLU-RAY & DVD DELUXE EDITION – PRODUCT INFORMATION
|Release Date||Monday 22nd April 2013|
|Director||George A. Romero|
|Aspect Ratio||1.85:1 (16×9)|
|Audio||Mono 2.0 PCM|
Arrow Video Official Website
Arrow Video Official Twitter
- [THE BIG QUESTION] WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE FEMALE ENSEMBLE IN MOVIES? - July 22, 2016
- [IN THEATERS NOW] THE BOY (2016) - January 24, 2016
- Cult Movie Mania Releases Lucio Fulci Limited Edition VHS Sets - January 5, 2016