You know what’s crazy? Last night, a reader was watching Stuart Gordon’s CASTLE FREAKS and asked us what we thought of it which got me to thinking about how much I fucking love RE-ANIMATOR. I mean, CASTLE FREAKS is fun, but RE-ANIMATOR is flawless. As a quick detour, that reader was Rob Schrab who is a funny fucker and deserves your attention… ahem… back on track. Anyway, RE-ANIMATOR is Gordon’s feature film debut and he is firing on all psychotic cylinders… and lucky for us, this good shit is about ready to drop on Blu-ray.
Image Entertainment has slated RE-ANIMATOR for Blu-ray on September 4. No features or specs have been released but the Anchor Bay DVD was a 2 disc stuffed-to-the-gills release that left no stone un-turned so I would imagine most of those would make the port. We’ll let you know more as it comes in. In the meantime, hit the cover art below to pre-order. As a general rule I try to never miss an opportunity to see Barbara Crampton in 1080p, I suggest you follow that rule as well.
Image just released the special features and as expected, the features from the DVD will be making the port.
• Documentary: “Re-Animator Resurrectus”
• Audio Commentary by Director Stuart Gordon
• Audio Commentary by Producer Brian Yuzna and Actors Bruce Abbott, Jeffrey Combs, Barbara Crampton and Robert Sampson
• Interview with Director Stuart Gordon and Producer Brian Yuzna
• Interview with Writer Dennis Paoli
• Interview with Composer Richard Band
• Music Discussion with Composer Richard Band
• Interview with Fangoria Magazine editor Tony Timpone
• Deleted and Extended Scenes
• Theatrical trailer
• TV Spots
SEE YOU ON FORTY DEUCE,
- [THE BIG QUESTION] WHAT’S YOUR FAVORITE FEMALE ENSEMBLE IN MOVIES? - July 22, 2016
- [IN THEATERS NOW] THE BOY (2016) - January 24, 2016
- Cult Movie Mania Releases Lucio Fulci Limited Edition VHS Sets - January 5, 2016